Active Recall

Introduction

At the start of 2020, a technique called 'Active Recall' became incredibly famous. It was a group of scientists who had helped resurface this technique. For all those people like me who don't know much about this technique, It is supposed to be a highly efficient technique where a person only solves questions from a question bank related to a particular topic. It is also said that without even reading the content if the student just solves tons of different questions, he has a better hold of that topic than one who makes notes to study. 


credit:- study-hack.com

I wasn't very sure of this statement so I decided to try it on my own.

Experience

I tried this technique for about 4 days. At first, I wasn't sure if I had understood anything, but I just kept pushing on. Around the 4th day mark, I tested myself by solving a question paper on that particular topic, Surprisingly I was well versed in the topic, answered almost all the questions. 

Conclusions

I found out that this technique worked incredibly well for all the subjects especially numerical-based ones.  Students who have very little time to prepare for their upcoming exams are recommended to use this technique but I feel that this technique is best paired with spaced repetition, where you study small chunks of information continuously for a long period of time. I would highly recommend this technique to anyone are looking forward boost their grades.




Comments

Popular Posts